Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Information You May Need!

We are moving right along in second grade! All the students seem to have settled in. On Monday, you may have noticed, I sent the homework for the week home. This helps some families with their schedules. In fall and spring there are many sports and other activities that take place after school and I try to be as flexible as possible to accommodate the needs of families. It is the intention that students do the nightly assignments and turn them in daily but if need be there is flexibility!
Reading folders will be coming soon. The reading should be about 20 minutes and fairly easy for the student to read. The purpose is to increase fluency. If it is to easy/hard, please let me know and I will adjust their program. Also the reading is one piece of the homework they must complete each night because it needs your signature. The folder comes back to school and it is recorded and a new book/chapter assigned.
I am in need of some classroom volunteers. If you have the time, let me know. I have also created an e-mail list so if you did not get an e-mail from me, it is probably because I don't have your e-mail. Please send me one through the school web site.
If you would like to help our classroom but you can't volunteer, there is a wish list on my home page. Also disinfecting wipes, kleenex and zip lock bags with the zippers would be appreciated. Don't hesitate to e-mail or call if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment