Monday, March 1, 2010

Hi all,
I hope everyone enjoyed their week off as much as I did! Now we are back to a regular routine. I have continued the weekly homework packets. It seems everyone likes everyone likes this for planning. In unit 7 of math it is exploration of many different concepts so you will see a variation in homework assignments.
We are almost finished with the Liquids and Solids in Science and will be starting Simple Machines. The students love this unit and the building of machines with Legos.
Our next Social Studies Unit is Asia - China/Japan/Korea. I hope to have a mini museum in the class. If you have something we could display please send it in but DO NOT send in anything that is valuable. Thanks!
We have almost finished the writing program and I am very proud of the students and how well they are writing. Please keep encouraging your student to check their written work for grammar and conventions.
Have a happy and warm week. Happy Birthday to Dr. Suess! My best.

No comments:

Post a Comment